Network acceptable use policy
From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Network Acceptable Use Policy
(This is a draft and has not been approved by legal council)
We reserve the right to collect and analyze traffic on Interlock Rochester networks for the purpose of diagnosing and troubleshooting network and bandwidth issues.
Data Retention Policy
Interlock Rochester does not intentionally maintain any meaningful records about network users or computers and their associated network traffic unless compelled to do so by a legal order. Any data that is collected for network diagnostic or educational purposes is destroyed as soon as the diagnostic or educational session is complete. The only permanent / semi-permanent records we maintain are:
- DHCP records (stored for the duration of the DHCP lease)
- This includes a correlation between a MAC address and IP address
- Captive Portal Registration
- These records may include a correlation between a user account and an associated MAC address
- Door access logs
- Correlation between a user account and when they unlocked the door to our 1115 Main St E location
Traffic sniffing and logging is allowed on the "warzone" network, however Interlock Rochester itself makes no attempt to maintain these records.