From Interlock Rochester Wiki
There used to be a section about Directors at Large. I think that was a good idea. ---- BW 17:23, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Change the link for Incorporators to Board of Directors (near the top of the page)
- Article 8: "Written notice of such petition must be submitted electronically to all voting members and delivered to all voting members of the corporation physically in person or by registered mail to take effect." - do we really want to have to physically give everyone notice that we want to change the bylaws, or should an email to interlock-announce be sufficient?
---- BW 18:29, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
I am trying to get some discussion going on the bylaws so I will submit the following proposals for changes.
1. Define notification methods and then use them consistently throughout the document. An announcement to the mailing list and an entry on the wiki for a minimum level of notifying members. I would drop most of the "posted at the registered office" in favor of posted on the wiki and sent to the mailing list. I would drop all "physically delivered to members" unless required by law.
2. Change any where that says "more than three quarters of the Board of Directors" to "at least two thirds of the Board of Directors". Since there are only 6 board members now more than 3/4 is 5 out of 6. At least 2/3 makes it 4 out of six which is more realistic.
3. Personally, I don't think we should put a ban on all committees into the bylaws.
4. I would like to see the requirement for amending changed so that it doesn't require a written petition signed by three quarters of the members. It should require a larger than majority vote but the initial submission to make the change should only require quarter or third of the members or maybe a majority of the board.
--Cws 22:34, 8 April 2010 (UTC)